Our Birth class met today and Patti took some great shots of us and Maycen. Patti is a Doula and she is also a Photographer, if you are interested in her work go to pattiramos.com or her blog page. It was so fun to see every one's babies, Maycen was the first one in the group born. She is still pretty petite being 2 weeks early but we are out of new born clothes and some 0-3 and now in the 3month clothes. She is 12.2 pounds and moving through the diapers fast both in size and number:)
Trying to get her back on schedule after Hawaii and the time change. I am not really sure it is going well. I am grateful she sleep through the night but would love for her to be more cooperative on outings. Car rides used to be delightful are now becoming stressful with screaming baby tactics like opening and closing the window, using speed bumps on the side of the road to sooth the baby and rocking the car with the brake at stoplights. I now understand why people buy those baby on board things. It is not so you will drive safer around them, I think it is so when you notice them driving bizarrely you may understand them better and take pity on them. Some rides are better than others but because she is sleeping through the night daytime sleep is not guaranteed any longer and some naps are as short at 20-30 minutes if there are distractions or we are out and about. I attempted to try on a bra at the store the other day and it sounded like I was killing her before I could pick her up.
After reading my friends blog from a year ago and she had detailed stories of her challenges I figured I should include mine as well. I love being a Mommy but there are definitely challenges. I thought it was great to read her blog from a year ago and see how far they had come. Anyway those are the big challenges, nothing too serious but none the less important and even though it seems stressful running errands now, I am sure in a year I will look back and think...and I thought that was tough, try temper tantrums:)
Your blog is soooo cute! Love the song! :) I need to step up my bloggin' game!
ReplyDelete