Nana visit November 2012
When you have been away from home so long you learn so much about your parents, that either you never reaslized or have forgotten, when they come to visit. I remember that my Mom wasn't a big fan of the rides at Valley Fair Amusement Park except the Blue Cork Screw, or maybe she just liked it because they sold a house to a guy that had a piece of it in their front yard, anyway I never really knew that my Mom did not like heights. The woman that tought me how to back dive off the diving board and would take me to pools with high dives apparently is scared of rides with heights. So what did I do but I planned a day to see the "Great" Ferris Wheel new to seattle! It was a perfect day and she did great but I have to admit looking out above the water out into the sound high up above seattle is a little creapy even for this sky diving veteran.
Maycen of course liked it!
I do have to share a funny story though, I asked the attendant( a young 20 something kid) since it was a slow day if we could have our own car so I could breastfeed the baby during the ride and his resposne was Ma'm there is no food or drink allowed on the ride. I almost burst out laughing, he obviously just didn't get it, considering I am a walking "Big Gulp" these days I probably should not have been allowed to ride the ride.
The sun made an apparance again and we made our way crabbing and actually got a lot of crabs just all woman and too small! We ended up with mostly rock crab which are not my personal favorite. But there was a great display from the sealions on this floating barrel.
The Children's Museum opened its doors in Olympia and we had to check it out for it's opening weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment