Maycen has had a bit of a rough month. She has been sick with a tummy bug or something for over a week having blood in her stool. She seems fine but her eyes are all sunken in and I think she was getting dehydrated we took her in on Friday night to be seen as she got progressively worse, but in the clinic she only went once and was happy and dancing around and then Saturday I thought we were on the mend and cancelled our appointment in the clinic, and then she was up all night going potty with blood in it again. Poor thing. We are all exhausted, well Brody is doing fine, but Jared and I both worked the weekend and were up with Lil Miss all night. She continued to not be well on Sunday with the Babysitter so I called to get her seen again and we spent several hours at the clinic getting lab work done, Xray, Ultrasound and and IV placed for fluids. Maycen did great except for holding for the IV, which was pretty bad so I don't blame her for fighting so hard. It is really hard to be a nurse and watch people care for your kid that aren't as skilled in something you do everyday. Overall, I was amazed at the care we got that day, minus the lab/IV skills. But my goal to have Maycen seen at Mary Bridge, the local Children's hospital where her pediatrician is was overridden when we changed insurance this month and now all this came into place with her being sick. Timing is impeccable! Anyway it probably helped that I work there for being seen as most people with Guard insurance have to be seen outside of Madigan and pay out of pocket so we were lucky that they did everything there, plus I was working when it happened so it made it easy to just walk downstairs. Anyway the Xray Techs and the Ultrasound Doc were all really good with her and it really made me appreciate the good care that we have at Madigan, Very kid friendly. I am just glad that we did not have to be admitted. Now if we could just figure out what is going on in Maycen's tummy causing all this concern! We have referral for GI and Allergy to see her later this month. Prayers that this is nothing but it would be nice to know what's causing this.
She seems her normal feisty self here we went to the pumpkin patch today to pick out our pumpkins!



No comments:
Post a Comment