Ok I know it is a little late but we finally put Maycen in a Big Girl bed! She was never the kind of kid to crawl out so it never was a problem keeping her in there. She loved her bed and played nicely in there in the mornings and after naps that it gave Jared and I a few extra moments of alone time or sleep:) Maycen has never had a problem wetting at night so its never been an issue to let her get out at night to go.
So I got a cute little Dora the Explorer toddler bed and I ordered a Dora Pillow case with her name on it and I ordered Peppa Pig cupcake bedding that matches the colors of her Dora bed from London.
I wanted to make it as special as possible so when we got back from dropping off the Toppenberg's at the airport I told her she could sleep in her Big Girl Bed. She has done great all week long, helpful too that she has been at daycare this week so she was extra tired. Today is the first day with a full nap and she has not yet gotten out of bed, she will call to us in the morning or when she wakes up.
On a follow up note on her procedure she had done a while back to see what was going on with her tummy, everything came back good the biopsies showed nothing concerning. Hopefully it was just bizarre events and an infection that won't cause any issues ahead. Maycen did really well with the procedure but is such a little fighter and she new the minute that things were going to go down. Even with nitrious Oxide she was still fighting. She kept saying the doctor said I can eat ketchup now because we were holding off on tomato products till we talked with allergy. She has still been talking all week about blowing up the green balloon and breathing in the strawberry mask. Anyway we are glad to have it behind us...no pun intended!
Maycen is such a smart little cookie, she is such a talker, she can unlock my phone and call her Nana. She knows all her letters, and number and talks like such a big kid, sometimes I have to remind myself that she is still 2. On the other hand her little temper tantrums remind me of that very quickly! Although sometimes it feels like an argument with a tween versus a toddler. She even has the snooty inflection in her tone. I think I am going to be in trouble!

No comments:
Post a Comment