Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Turkey with the Toppenberg's!

 



Grandma and Papa Toppenberg







The Toppenberg's came to visit us for Thanksgiving!  I thought we would have a bigger group of people for the day since we have a few friends that have husband's on deployment but everyone already seemed to have a place to go for the day.  I had to work ,so Jared and Papa and Grandma all spent the dreary day inside cooking away with the kids.  Jared got a smoker this past year and so we did a smoked turkey.  I think if people knew what great cooks out family has theyr probably would have changed their minds and come anyway!  It was fabulous food, even though it is some of the traditional thanksgiving foods somehow it is better than most, except my mom's,:) of course! 
 
The rain was pretty relentless this visit but we were able to see some sort of dolphines playing and the sealions returned to thier post from the previous blogpost.
 


Dinner!!! We had a lot more luck this trip, less crabs but all were males and large 5 total Dungees! Yumm!

 
In my attempt to create Memorie for Maycen at the Holidays I have found this great website called www.soundsfunmom.com
But knowing all there is to do and see can add to ones stress.  I often feel like we are never going to experience all that WA has to offer especially if we end up transfering due to Jared's job search or to another guard unit or state. I feel like I want to see it all. So for me sometime knowing all there is to do and feeling the want to do all of it while dragging two small kids aorund can sometimes get to be a bit too much! On the other hand seeing everything is not all it is cracked up to be.  The Olympia tree lighting and winter festival was kinda a dud.  The parade was like watching traffic on I-5, except it was moving and the highlight of the kids parade was the GLBT crossdresser that was dressed like a hooker in platform stillettos. We still found some fun though! 


Let me not forget that November is also called MOvember to support testicular and prostate cancer awareness month Jared sported a mustache. Just remember it takes balls to grow one!http://www.mustache.org/
 
 
 
 
 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers