Sunday, November 22, 2009

33 weeks less than 50 days to go, Really?


My mom finished up her visit with a surprise ( for her) Baby Shower I took her to. She thought we were going to bunco. My work had a really nice shower for us at my friend Andi's house and they have continued to shower me all week long with gifts for Baby Girl T for those that could not be there. I got the most adorable clothes, blankets and lady bug decor items for her and feel so lucky to have so many nice things for her arrival. I have enough creams and lotions for mom and baby to get us through the first 6 months for sure!

Whats new with baby this week: big news this week is lung development—baby's respiratory system is almost completely mature. That means if your baby was born this week, odds are she'd be a healthy bouncing baby with a just a little help from her friends (aka, the NICU). Some of the specifics are: Your baby can now detect light and tell the difference between night and day His pupils will constrict and dilate in response to light. If you shine a flashlight on your belly, your baby may shy away from the light. The bones in your baby's skull are soft and are not yet fused together. This pliability allows the bones to overlap; making that trip down the tight birth canal possible (and resulting in that surprising cone head look your baby will sport for the first few days post-birth. Your baby will continue to pack on the pounds gaining around ½ pound a week from here on out.Your baby weighs about 4½ pounds, and is approximately 17.5 inches long, about the same as a collarbone-length necklace. (Did somebody say push present?)

Wrapping up this week was my Midwife appt. I am sick this week with a head cold, so not getting any sleep already with getting up to pee every 2-3 hours and now not being able to breath has not made this week go buy quickly. I did pass my 3 hour glucose screen, what a relief as I was concerned that I might not. Nothing exciting at my appointment once again I waited till 1050 am to see my midwife for my 9:45am appointment and she hung out with me for maybe 15 minutes. She thinks baby is head down and told me my cold will probably last 3 weeks. Somehow, I doubt that! There is no way I am doing three weeks like this. I am sure I will be better after the Holiday, hopefully I can avoid any bugs on the airplane since Jared and I are flying to Sacramento for Thanksgiving.

So with Thanksgiving around the corner we are so blessed and have much to be thankful for so far this year. I have had a pretty uneventful pregnancy, we have had so many friends that have blessed us with kindness and way too many baby gifts and our family has been a big help as well. Of course there is our adorable Dog Chopper that we are the most thankful for since he was born on Turkey Day! I should have known he had a little turkey in him. I am just sad that we are being bad parents and will not be here for his big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers