Whats going on in there: This week your baby weighs almost four pounds and could be up to 19 inches long. And though that's a head-to-toe length, your baby is actually back to a curled-up position (you try standing up in those cramped quarters!). At 32 weeks pregnant, you're likely feeling tapping and squirming instead of your baby's signature rocking and rolling. That's because, while comfy, your baby is a bit tight for exercise space right now. Your baby has also probably settled into the head-down, bottoms-up position in your pelvis in preparation for birth. That's because the fetus's head fits better at the bottom of your inverted, pear-shaped uterus. It also makes it easier during childbirth if your baby comes out head first. Fewer than five percent of babies prefer the bottom-down (or breech) position by full-term. Don't worry if your baby hasn't assumed the head-down position yet. There's still a good chance he or she will flip head-side-down before birth — even in the tight confines of your uterus.

We are at thirty two weeks now and baby is getting bigger than ever as you will see from my Pictures. My Mom came into town to help me set up the nursery and it was a crazy week of none stop stuff to do. I am really happy with how it turned out and you will be able to get an idea from the pics I will post soon. I still have to get the crib bedding and mattress and a few odds and ends, as well as the shelf and art work up but the big stuff it in and outta the way. If Jared HAD to do it himself at this point it could get done and I would be fine with everything. My mom was a huge help in getting the clothes organized and under wraps. We had all the piles of clothes that I have collected over the months and from friends who sent boxes spread all over the den and finally my house is put back together. 

Since Halloween Jared and I attended one of the Madigan Prenatal classes provided by the army. It was horrible. As a nurse I was so saddened by the disservice this class offered to new parents. It was so abrupt and none informative and the only education thing about it was the video that they showed which resembled one I had seen in the 80's in my health class in High school. Anyway it was a disappointment to say the least. It was slow at work the past two weeks so I was able to go to the Madigan Breast feeding class and the Birth plan class. A lot of the info is repeat for me since I work with mom's and in the maternal child heath division but it gave me a chance to ask some questions that I may not have otherwise known the answer to. Both of these classes were good, the breast feeding class was pretty thorough and as weird as it was to go to a class with some of our units nursing students it was good information. I kind of wish Jared had come because they gave you a doll to practice with and it was quit humorous, I thought it was so fitting that they had African breast feeding babies and Caucasian BF babies how politically correct! As a nurse I remember being on OB rotation and reading some mom's birth plans, most nurses honestly just kinda laugh at them and say whatever. So I didn't think too much of this class. My only real "Plan" is to not have a C- section and hopefully get an epidural and have a healthy baby. But I too will probably fill one out and hope not to get snickered at.
Last thing about this week was I did not pass my one hour glucose, go figure with all the Halloween candy and working the night shift it just wasn't a good match. The midwife said it shouldn't matter but I had a feeling it might. So I have to fast and do my three hour glucose and hope I pass this time.
We are at thirty two weeks now and baby is getting bigger than ever as you will see from my Pictures. My Mom came into town to help me set up the nursery and it was a crazy week of none stop stuff to do. I am really happy with how it turned out and you will be able to get an idea from the pics I will post soon. I still have to get the crib bedding and mattress and a few odds and ends, as well as the shelf and art work up but the big stuff it in and outta the way. If Jared HAD to do it himself at this point it could get done and I would be fine with everything. My mom was a huge help in getting the clothes organized and under wraps. We had all the piles of clothes that I have collected over the months and from friends who sent boxes spread all over the den and finally my house is put back together.
Since Halloween Jared and I attended one of the Madigan Prenatal classes provided by the army. It was horrible. As a nurse I was so saddened by the disservice this class offered to new parents. It was so abrupt and none informative and the only education thing about it was the video that they showed which resembled one I had seen in the 80's in my health class in High school. Anyway it was a disappointment to say the least. It was slow at work the past two weeks so I was able to go to the Madigan Breast feeding class and the Birth plan class. A lot of the info is repeat for me since I work with mom's and in the maternal child heath division but it gave me a chance to ask some questions that I may not have otherwise known the answer to. Both of these classes were good, the breast feeding class was pretty thorough and as weird as it was to go to a class with some of our units nursing students it was good information. I kind of wish Jared had come because they gave you a doll to practice with and it was quit humorous, I thought it was so fitting that they had African breast feeding babies and Caucasian BF babies how politically correct! As a nurse I remember being on OB rotation and reading some mom's birth plans, most nurses honestly just kinda laugh at them and say whatever. So I didn't think too much of this class. My only real "Plan" is to not have a C- section and hopefully get an epidural and have a healthy baby. But I too will probably fill one out and hope not to get snickered at.
Last thing about this week was I did not pass my one hour glucose, go figure with all the Halloween candy and working the night shift it just wasn't a good match. The midwife said it shouldn't matter but I had a feeling it might. So I have to fast and do my three hour glucose and hope I pass this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment