Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2 years and acting just so!


Maycen has already made two memorable!  She has a strong little spirit something that must come from my side as my Mom coined this word about me.  She is very passionate about some things, very sweet about others and very quick to change her mind at any moment...such the girl is she. She wants dinner... then she doesn't, in a matter of seconds, from her plate sitting in front of her, then throws her milk on the floor. She wants her blankie then she pushes it away, she wants up then she says, "no Mama, no."  Her speech amazes me daily.  I can't believe I worrried if signing would cause her to delay her speech.  She says full sentences now, today was " No begging chopper, no, no" My food"  in her cute little demanding voice. "More, I want some...Mama,  I want Apple juice too."  I can understand most of what she says, sometimes it takes a few times or a little guessing but usually I get it.  Now we get "Get up, Mama" which comes out as one word.  It's funny.  She is obsessed with trains right now my little tom boy and picked out the "Percy" Pillow from thomas the train at Best Buy the other day.  She took that thing around the store saying "I like Percy" and "I want Percy"...what 2 year old can correctly pronounce that name without it sounding inapproparite.  I think they do that on purpose.

I love that she plays on her own and just starts busting out in song, "I like to eat, eat eat apples and bananas", "The wheels on the bus" or "Happy Birthday" to Chopper, Nana and Grandpa.  Lets me know her soul is truely a happy one!

Her newest trick which she think is hilarious, and actually I do too making it hard not to laugh, is she will bust out her loudest longest yell, "Ahhhh" usually at dinner at a restaurant.  She smiles while doing it, so she knows exactly what she is doing and the attention that comes from it, negative or postive, nothing has seemed to deter this...Ignoring it at home is one thing... in a crowded restaurant not so realistic.
                               Can you believe this little doll could be anything but perfect;)


Maycen continues to say that I have Pizza in my belly and that is why it keeps getting so big.  I am now making her well aware that there is a Baby in there so I will say what else is in Mommy's belly and she says Apples, and then I say what else...and she will say a babay.  I still like Pizza the best though! it sure seems like we eat a lot of it lately.



We are preparing for going to Hawaii next month, it seems we are always going somewhere every month.  This past month we went to Winthrop with some friends of mine from work with all of our families.  It was fun to play in the snow, Maycen got to go sledding and tubing.  we ended the week with a fun surprise when my friend Heather got proposed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers