Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Smile

I just wanted to make a quick note for my own reference. While doing Maycen's first morning feed she gave us a real smile, not just the sleeping facial smile she has been practicing for months but she smiled in response to my voice and smiling at her. This picture is not from today but I thought it would bring a smile to your face. I can't wait for that smile to come with a giggle!







She is doing great we are officially over the 2 month hump, so I am not as worried about having her get sick and contact with others as I might have been before. She has proven to have a pretty good immune system we have been exposed to all sorts of fun bugs in the first few months from RSV, and croup to Hand, Foot and Mouth. Luckily we seem to have evaded all of them for now. I am however going to be bringing her to daycare at the gym starting next week. So we'll see. I did try to go to gym daycare yesterday but by the time I got everything she needed in a small gym bag with all the proper yellow labels, it was an hour later and she was not sleepy anymore so I said forget it and we went for a walk outside. It has been sooo unseasonably warm here this winter, Bad for the winter Olympics but great for people like me stuck in my house on Maternity leave. It is so beautiful here, with the mountains covered in snow against a bright clear blue sky, it really is breathtaking. It is a little bit hard with a newborn and such great weather, I would love to just run to the gym or go take a golf lesson but things are a bit different trying to organize life with the little one. Somethings I have found I am good at maneuvering, others a bit chaotic.



My poor friend Holly gets to experience our chaos from time to time on walks with us. I will carry Maycen in my carrier and bring our rambunctious dog Chopper along. It works better if I tire him out with playing catch before a walk but that isn't always possible so if he is not tired he will whine and whimper on the leash and try to rub the leash off his face till we get to the open off leash area and then he is fine. But, between the whiny dog attempting to roll on the ground and Maycen fussing until we get in a good walking rhythm sometimes it can be a bit much and nothing close to the relaxing Ipod walks I used to take. We have our good days and not so good days. Holly was helping me out the other day while we stopped in the park to feed Maycen and she was holding Chopper for me and rocking her Bob stroller back and forth. Well, Chopper was being so behaved we really did not think much about it but he took off after a little boy who was playing and throwing stuff and Holly was holding onto the stoller with the same hand as the Dog and the stroller tipped. Luckily, Isacc was strapped into the stroller and was no worse for the wear but I think Holly and I had a heart attack...Chopper was clueless as usual!



That is about all that is new with us. We are looking for Daycare for Maycen as my return to Work is approaching quickly in a month or so. Jared's Birthday is coming up on the 25th and his parents are coming to visit us that weekend and meet Maycen. We are heading to Hawaii to use our timeshare the second week in March, I am sooo excited but hopeful it will be more stress free than stressful. Jared has big hopes for a golf get away...we'll see! I am home as always so if you want to catch up with me just call my cell I am around and things are pretty routine around here.

Medical wise my allergies seem to have improved a ton, not sure why maybe I have been home long enough to get acclimated to my Dog and Couch, they are not gone but I still don't want to take medication if I can tolerate it. Besides, I am not peeing my pants so much anymore in these days postpartum, lol...sorry I had to say it! So, Yippee to making improvements! My hands on the other hand, (no pun intended) are not so great I am not having to wear the night braces as much from cramping but probably should still wear them. When I do lots of things with my hands and fingers or repeated movement they become noticeably numb and painful. Shooting pictures with my camera, holding Maycen to feed, talking on the phone, turning my wrists over, opening water bottles and jars. My hands and fingers feel less like sandpaper but still numb.



Well that is more than a quick note, so on that thought I am off to feed Mayce! Hope you all have a blessed day and Go team USA, up to 20 metal counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers