We are finishing up on Brody's 7th month! Oh my what a giggle box this little guy is. He is such a joyful little guy. Really only fusses when he wants to eat and he will let you know he is hungry and impatient. Otherwise he just takes everything in and seems to be having a good time. He is sitting up great and loves to play at the kid piano we have him sit at. HE loves his door jumper and at the end of this 7 months he is starting to inch worm and move a bit more on the floor. He is a bit lazy but I am thinking he is going to become a handful here in the next month starting to crawl so I am ok if he wants to just stay put for a few more weeks:) He sleeps great through the night so far and we usually put him down around 9 or 10 and he wakes at 8am. He started fulltime daycare last week after being sick off and on December and most of January and now he is off to daycare and will probably find himself sick again, as I just met one of his classmates who was admitted to my ward for RSV and he sleeps next to Brody at daycare. It has been such a blessing having Brody at home for this long and although I am only part-time 30 hours a week with Jared's new job and my schedule we have to pay for fulltime even if we are only using it half time. I am dreading this week because I have been working 11-11 so the kids can wake at 8am like normal but now with us both starting early the kids will have to be up by 6 and will be there almost 11 hours, which just kills me. Gladly it is only a few days a week. I may go back to 11-11 even though it is a long day for me because I usually get to bed around 1 or 2 am and then wake up with the kids early and get everyone ready for daycare and me for work. Brody's smile is infectious, he was 19 1/2 pounds but lost a bit being sick with a stomach bug for over a week. We introduced foods last month and he loves his little meals. I am a bit concerned as I have noticed some blotchy patches around his mouth, I need to more attentive to the foods I am giving, we try to just add in one new food a week but I am not sure it might be the rice or oatmeal cereal itself so maybe I need to just go back to the basics to make sure its not that. Maycen gets this as well and she seems to tolerate things well but does get a little eczema around her mouth from time to time. This month we have been adding in a cup for him to use and he loves it. I do have to admit this little guy is lazy and serious refuses to hold his own bottle. This is partly due to the fact that I breastfeed him and Jared always feeds him a bottle and never makes him hold it. He seems to do just fine holding the cup up he actually almost attacks it, it is pretty funny.
Things that really get him going are the dog going crazy, kisses on his right neck and tickles, Maycen laughing and the door jumper, kicking, pulling hair.
I feel so blessed for these two joyous children that fill my days with so much laughter, I wish I could stop time so that they could remain this happy and joyous always.
No comments:
Post a Comment