Dear friends, I am about to write my Holiday letter and send out cards and I just can't find any words after the tragedy yesterday. I think people become paralyzed, between being so angry and upset that you just can't talk about it and celebrating obviously doesn't feel right either. Many say move on forward but things like this just sit very heavy in my heart and mind and I play them over again and again. I guess we can only continue to do what is right in our own hearts, pray and hope for God's promise and enjoy each day that we are blessed and surrounded by the love of those dear to us.
Many of you know our good tidings for the year, we welcomed our newest addition, Broderick John Toppenberg on June 5th. He is such a joy and blessing. Now six months old, he is such a happy baby. My mom was able to be here to share in the experience of his birth and it was such a blessing that both her and Jared were able to make it back to Washington in time. Jared was gone at the Chinook school and when he came back in May was on terminal leave from the Army as his job was ending in September with the National Guard due to state funding.
While he worked his last busy season in July with counter drug I went home to Minnesota to spend the rest of my maternity leave. Jared drove me and the kids and the dog all home to MN then he flew back to work and came back out a month later to drive us all back. We were able to celebrate Brody's Baptism together with his God parent's and then back to Washington we went. We stopped off to see Jared's Mom's Family in Spokane and met up with his sister and her kid's there. Then they followed us home and we got to hang out with them for a few days upon returning home.
Then Jared was on leave most of August and September so we were able to enjoy the nice late summer we had and we went camping as well. In september I had my hand surgery and I am finally just starting to get more use out of it. So far so good no tingling just hoping the scar tissue will improve. I was back to work in September also, it was a nice long break but it was also comforting going back not having to have daycare for a while since Jared is at home with the kids. Jared started school again to complete his last 2 classes and plans to graduate in January! We are so proud of him! He has been on and off temporary orders so we are hoping something full-time will come up soon and hoping it is not going to be a deployment, but very likely will be by 2014.
We are wishing each of you love, health and peace this holiday. Turn the TV's off, stop looking at your phones, texting and start paying attention to your children, spouses and families. It goes by so fast and that is the only thing we have at the end of the day.
The Toppenberg's
No comments:
Post a Comment