I wanted to keep track of the items of Mommyhood that I love
and like and Hate! So here it goes hope you find it helpful!
Like-
Love for Births- Brush ups for while you are in Labor and can't get out of bed with your epidural to brush your teeth.
Like-
Love for Births- Brush ups for while you are in Labor and can't get out of bed with your epidural to brush your teeth.
Platex Drop ins pump kit fits with medela, works great fo
traveling. I really only use this connection for pumping at work for ease of
feeding for daycare and when I traveled because it is so compact! Unfortunately
you have to buy two kits for both sides of the pump.
I love the Modela freestyle Breastpump...so worth the money!
My Hippo zip up play mat with toy bar for kicking! This was something I got at
the thift shop and I love it, we took it to Hawaii and it was so compact, we
take it to friends houses and always have a place to lay her that is clean, she
loves to play on it! 0-3monI love the Modela freestyle Breastpump...so worth the money!
Baby Ktan Carrier- This is great if you get the right size for you, this carrier is soft and still has pretty good support for a baby 0-4 months, after that it may be too hard on your back. I like it because I can breastfeed with this carrier almost hands free, Maycen isn't always so fond of it when it smooches her head.
Targets circo brand sleep and plays, these are cute and comfy not too heavy so good for even summer when you want to keep um covered from the sun. Have not seen in a while.
I-home color cube subwoofer for Ipod! SO cute and changes color in my nursery, I use the light as a night light. I love that I can play the nursery rhymes for her on it, but I need another I pod so I can actually remember to take my ipod out of my gym bag.
Snap and GO! I love this lightweight stroller for my carseat, it has enough storage and It is convienent and smaller for travel and getting in and out of the car.
Qwik cabana- We took this sun stopr kiddy tent to Hawaii, it
is compact and easy assembly for bringing to the beach!
Lily Padz- Breast pads, these are soo much better than the
Cotton, disposible ones once you get out and about and get going. The cotton
pads are good for the first month or so but once you want to look nice in your
shirts this is the better way to go! Boobie tubes for Breast feeding warmable
in microwave and you can put in fridge.Like-
Window shades I think Eddie Bauer Brand at BBRus, these are plastic that adhere to the window, they work great because they allow you to still unroll the window. The downfall is they sometimes peel off with the change in temperature so I used double sided tape and it stays put!
I ordered some pacifiers with her name on them, unfortunately she prefers the green gummy ones but I like the ones with her name for daycare so I know it is not getting mixed up with another kiddos nuk.
I used bibs on her while we went on the plane, kept it from falling off of her and my lap... worked as her burp cloth I just kept it on her and put it over my shoulder when I burped her worked great!
Love/Hate! I hate that my Graco snugride is already so heavy, and getting heavier with each feed...but I love the pattern (Rittenhouse), it is easy to get her in and out.
Pants that have footies built in! Maycen kicks off her shoes too much and in the winter the pants with built in feet were great when I wanted to put her in an outfit instead of a onsie or sleeper. I hate that they really don't make a ton of these, they are hard to find and most are PJ's for sleeping.
Hate-
I hate the boppy, this is pointless and kills my back for actual breastfeeding and it slips away and I need to use a pillow with it. It is good for tummy time and resting her in but otherwise I hate this, I have three and I heard the My breast friend was better but I have not tried it.
Hate- Do no use Desitin! This product is horrible I got it as a gift and even as a nurse had no clue how bad it is. This will actually make your childs rash worse in a matter of hours and applying it will make you little one wince in pain and fight to keep you away from their tooshie! Poor babies this should be removed from the market. Regular Zinc or Baby Aveeno diaper rash creme is the best and I love petroleum jelly for everything but that is just me!
Websites and books that were refferred to me:
Happiest Baby on the block, Video or book- Great for New Dads!
Babywise book- take it with a grain of salt but some good ideas!
The secrets of the baby whisperer...did not read this
addalittlelove.com all your breastfeeding needs website and answers questions
Barefootbook.com Great for when they get older and also finger puppet books for gift ideas!
sittercity.com for military personal to look for nanny's and child care for free to search
Naccra- apply for reimbursed child care if you are off post
This is on our Blog! I will repost this and a friends Blog
responses from her Girlfriends after her challenges post C-section with Breast
Feeding in April
Best of LuckPlease reach out
and exciting time can quickly turn into a stressful time!
Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment