Monday, October 17, 2011

Funny not so fun day!


Go to the bottom of the page and pause the music to hear the videos. So the winter weather has graced Washington and there have been lots of rain days and very few Sun days!  So I was off work last Sat which was supposed to break up and be be nice later in the day. Poor Maycen has been really fussy because she got hand foot and mouth from daycare and has had mouth sores and blisters on her little hands an feet the poor thing.  Jared and I had talked about what we wanted to do if it was nice on Sat. he said, " We need to get the boat out of the water"  I said I want to take Maycen to the pumpkin Patch and get pictures. Our friend John is in town taking the boat out sounds like a great project for you two on Sunday when I am at work. 

Well Sat came and Maycen was really fussy so we let her nap late and the sun really wasn't coming out till later.  I got dressed for the pumkin patch but we ended up going to take the boat out.  So a little back ground info is that the last time we went to the boat the battery was dead, so I said what if the battery doesn't start, being the girlscout that I am, and Jared said jokingly he will paddle it to the trailer.

Here is a pic of Maycen and I before we left.


So we weren't really dressed for getting the boat out of the water
Maycen and I went to the playground while Jared went to bring the boat over to the ramp, meanwhile this kid waiting on the dock is dancing around by himself.








Sorry I don't have more pictures of how this actually turned out so, Jared did not bring the extra battery just in case the boat didn't start and decides to paddle the boat all the way over and I attempt to back up the truck and trailer which I am not very good at doing, Maycen is now screaming in her car seat because she must sense our frustration.  The boat has no motor to push it up on the trailer so I attempt to pull it on with the rope. The guy who's kid was dancing on the dock shows up and sees me in a dress getting all wet and helps us by pulling it up and cranking the boat on, we finally get it in place and start pulling it out and Jared screams at me to stop because he forgot the battery is dead and there is no way to get the motor up so it will be dragging on the cement as you drive out.   This poor guy is helping us, listening to Jared and I argue about if it will make it if they stand on the front or if it will scratch.  So guess what...we put the boat back in the water and it is an hour till dark and Jared says we will have to go home and get it jumped.  I said no we are going to get dinner and he paddles the boat back to the dock.  Lesson of the day...stick to the plan and always be prepared for the worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers