Friday, September 30, 2011

21 Months! So Big!


Maycen is doing really good with her colors and talking!  As we pass cars she will tell me what color they are and can say and point them out in her books.  Blue was the first one and then Yellow which I think is her favorite from how she says it!  We also have a lot of uh-oh's followed by oh-NOO!  Minnesota accent coming out already!  She says it so cute and so concerned it really makes you giggle.  I think I am spauning a Drama Queen already!  She loves her Blankies and her babies and will spend hours tucking them in and sitting them at the table and then her latest is rearranging the kid table furniture.  She also has started to use the potty.  She does really good with this at bathtime and if I ask her during the day.  I am not pushing the issue too much just yet. We have one purple potty that sings a song when you pee in it and one green one that has stickers on it. One is up and one is down however now she knows her colors and today when I was upstairs I asked her if she wanted to go on the big girl potty and she said no, so I said you don't want to go on the green potty she said "no...purple" so we had to go downstairs to go on the purple potty!  Hey at least she went when we got there!

The end of September is the Pullalup Fair it is like the fair for Minnesota really big with rides and all just missing the variety of fair food that Minnesota has.  We bought a ride pass this year for Maycen but found out that she was not able to ride because she is not tall enough.  However as I watched I realized no one was really checking and some of the rides parents could go with.  We rode the big yellow slide on potatoe sacks, she walked all the way up the steps herself.  Then, Maycen and I snuck our way onto the school bus along with about 10 other little kids and rode up and around!  It actually was hilarious all the kids were screaming and giggling and Maycen caught on really quick as far as what to do as it went around!  Really, I think it was the best ride I have been on in years! 

We ended September with one last boat ride so Jared could swim in the lake with his stiches healed.  When we got out to the dock the boat was dead and the battery needed to be jumped luckily the boat rental place was still open last day of the season and we got it up and going again. It was pretty cool but chopper didn't mind.  He swam for hours and then I would pull him out when he looked exhausted and he would get us all wet and then sneak back in so finally we just let him stay in the water and eventually the dog got so tired he started resting ontop of the motor.  As frantic as going on the boat can be between making food for everyone, getting the cooler out there, getting the dog out there and Maycen and keeping everyone happy and whine free it really does produce some good laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers