Monday, September 20, 2010

8 months



Maycen is 8 months and it seems as though everything kinda happened all at once for her this past few weeks.  She has been scooting and thinking about crawling for almost a month and a half now and I thought for sure she would be crawling by the time I came back from Minnesota.  She didn't really start crawling until September the 18th.  I went to work the weekend and came home and she was pretty much crawling.  That quickly progressed to her pulling up on things later that weekend and now she will cruise around the room holding onto her Winny the pooh table that slides on the wood floor, it is like her walker, she does this with my foot stool as well.  She has finally figured out how to go forwards and backwards in her baby walker ( I know, I know...these things are not recommended, bad peds nurse...I feel better that our pediatrician also has one:)  she loves it and is so mobile she now chases the dog around.  It saves us lots of bumps and bruises as chopper is not very good at being careful of her and gets a bit excited when she chases him around.  The bad news about this past month is that she has gotten bite at daycare twice now.  One is a bite on the face that is pretty bad the biter is supposed to be removed from her daycare this next month because she has bitten so many kiddos.  The other bite was on Maycen's hand and from another child that is in her daycare.  Goodness, I just don't understand why they are putting these little ones in with old children that have teeth and allowing them to crawl on top of the babies and then bite them.  Maycen can't even defend herself she hasn't poked out one tooth yet.  She is eating lots of new foods but I have found it a little challenging with working nights since we are not eating as healthy meals when we are on the go or in passing to find healthy finger foods for her to eat.  I have some veggies that I steamed and then froze but I feel like I am already being repetitive of some of her foods.  Maycen loves Strawberries, this worried me at first because a lot of people have strawberry allergies.  But she seems to do fine with them.  That is all the updates I have for now.  Finally able to move out some of the Baby stuff and put it away and I went through all her clothes and put away all her infant clothes.  We are now in 9-12 month stuff.  Thanks so much Jessica for all the adorable hand me downs!  You and the DuPont sales we have here have saved me!  It really has been so nice!   Today is also my Mom's Birthday! Happy Birthday Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers