Friday, June 25, 2010

Making it all work!









Making it all work!




June is almost over and I really have not been good about keeping anything online up to date. Maycen is doing great she is 5 months in the pictures above. Sitting up with support and now eating Rice Cereal. I held off for a while because she had a tummy bug and I have so many allergies I thought it would be best to wait and go slow. Maycen loves her cereal and makes a huge effort to shove all the food in her mouth at once. It is really very cute to watch her make such a mess. It reminds me of when she was a newborn and she would dive bomb my chest when it was time to eat. I have not weighed her for a while and she will have her 6 month appointment soon but she is probably about 18 pounds now.



I don’t know how I will be able to get her out of her Car seat. It goes up to 32 pounds in addition to the seat weight. I can barely lift her in and out now. A quick update on the wrist… I failed the Occupational Hand Therapy treatments. They have re-checked my wrists and actually they got weaker and more irritated with the electro shock steroid therapy they had me doing. So I am going back to Ortho for more testing or ideas.





Maycen is now pulling herself up from a sit. If I put her in her swing she will pull herself forward. This is kind of humorous because at 3 am when I sneak in to see why she is making noise I will duck down under her swing so she won’t see me, well now she is so big she will pull herself forward and look at me hiding under her swing. What a stinker and then of course she is up and starts talking!



This month has been a bit smoother with daycare. Maycen does not sleep there is the only problem. They have this weird rule about putting her down in her bed awake. I always put her down awake, when she rubs her eyes and sucks her thumb. Apparently at daycare she is supposed to fall asleep while playing or being held and then they will transfer her to her bed. This does not go well and Maycen wakes up or is just so pissed that she never goes to sleep. So they end up feeding her again, which usually makes her puke and then she falls asleep for a few minutes sometime. So post daycare is going ok, I am sure it will get better once they know her more. My work has been really helping me out letting me work 10 hour shifts so I can pick her up. Jared is in Alabama at his officer course for his W3 promotion. I was hoping he would be back home sooner but he had to fill in for a co worker and fly his missions for him. We are hopeful to spend some time with him in July one of these weekends.



We had a surprise visit from Uncle Gary Jared’s Uncle from his Mom’s side. I felt bad because I did not know he would be coming and I was working when he arrived at our town. I met him only once for a few minutes a few years back so with Jared gone I headed up to meet Uncle Gary at Mcdonald’s. I think he had a nice visit despite not seeing Jared. He was able to spend time with Maycen. He went for a long walk with us and Chopper and also went to the Farmers Market in Olympia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers