Birthday, Anniversary, Mother's day, Nurses week, ... oh my!
May, the month I found out I was pregnant with Maycen hence the name..all good thing happen in the month of May. Well no so much this year. I thought about sharing only the positive highlights of my trip and our celebration but I decided that I would write my blog as is, the way things really went. Why create a picture of something that really never was just so you can look back and say well it went something like that....I am greatful for I have so many wonderful things in my life and I am truely blessed but things are not always perfect, even in my world!
So the Mayham begins....
this past week I went with Maycen down to Arizona to spend two weeks with Jared. It was a bit overwhelming with all the traveling alone, celebrations and family. There really was very little downtime. We had illusions that we would be hiking in Sedona or checking out something cool in Phoenix while visiting my sister. However, when I got there I realized that I had forgotten my Breast pump charger and my cell charger. So Friday I sat at my sisters house by myself with her dogs. I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to spend the day with my niece since I so rarely get one on one time with her. Kimmy kept Xochitl in Daycare on Friday, so kind of a slap in the face, its not like I am a pediatric nurse or anything, So there went my plans of doing a nice surprise for her on mothers day. So Maycen and I just hung out at the house with her crazy dogs with no AC or cell phone . On Friday night Jared drove up to spend the weekend with us. We headed straight to radio shack to get a charger and well long story short the breastpump was fried. We would have taken it to BBRus if we had only had realized there was one there but hind site is always 20/20. So we spent the next few days trying to figure out the breastpump deal and $300 later we ended up buying a new one online and waited for it to be shipped to us. In the meantime, Maycen was now attached to me...literally, and it felt a bit like her first days home exclusively feeding her vs pumping and being on the go. Jared bought me a hand pump but it didn't work very well and with my Carpel tunnel wrist issues it was actually pretty painful after a few minutes.
We went to dinner with Kimmy and X to Salty Senoritas which was interesting because it was a fun bar area, we just felt a bit weird having an infant at the bar, breastfeeding where people were doing shots and dancing to the band but it was nice to get out and see a new place.
My Birthday
Sunday Kimmy took us to this small park, it was kinda in a shady neighborhood but she wanted to take X on the kiddy rides and we watched a local dance recital that was in celebration of Cinco de Mayo. Jared and I headed out for our 2 hour car ride from there to check into our Apt in Tuscon. There was tons of Traffic from an accident so we got off to avoid the accident and we stopped at BBRUS again to return one of the breastpumps we had purchased. We decided to have lunch and hoped the traffic would clear so Jared went to make a U-turn and well we got into an accident. So we actually got in a accident trying to avoid an accident on my Birthday no less. Thank goodness we were all ok, it could have been a lot worse since it was a Big SUV coming right at Me and Maycen. Nothing like having your life flash before your eyes on your birthday. 9 lives...


OK the good part, the next few days we got to hang out with old friends of ours from Hawaii, Jessica and Jessey and their kids Tyler and Alexis. We switched off watching each others kiddos so Jared and I could go out for our Anniversary on Cinco De Mayo and so they could have a date night as well. During the day I was hoping to lay by the pool but the time flew by with having Maycen feeding so frequently and trying to run errand for getting ready for all the family and mom's day and anniversary gifts, I also was trying to apply for a recent job that had posted. The funny quote I got this week as poor Maycen got dragged all around Tucson with me was...."your groceries are crying." Poor kiddo was buried beneath all my grocery items and was mad and hungry. On Wednesday I was on the phone for about three hours trying to hold a daycare slot that was open to me this week. They were refusing to hold it because I was not present to pay for the hold and I had to have my shot records on hand it was such a fiasco. I have been on the waiting list since I was pregnant last June.
Thursday Jessica treated me to the desert Museum which was pretty cool, it was fun to hang out with her and the kiddos and just catch up, it had been way too long. My parents flew into Phoenix on Thurday and stayed with Kimmy and Xochilt. They were all supposed to drive down on Friday to spend the weekend with us but Kimmy decided to change the plans because she had other things going on.
Friday morning I was given a really nice massage/Spa Package for Mother's day by Jared. It was just what I needed for this hectic week. Since our family couldn't make it on Friday Jared and I went out to eat with Jessey and Jessica with all the kids. Maycen basically did her newly learned bloody murder scream the whole time. I guess I got too cocky because I thought I had her figured out and was just about to dig into my dinner and she started up and never stopped till we got in the car.

On Saturday my parents drove down with Kim and X. They didn't arrive until 3pm. I spent Saturday morning wrapping Mom's day gifts and fixing food for the BBQ between feed and entertaining Maycen. Jared went to golf with his Dad and Jessey. The BBQ was fun it was nice to have Jared's Family there and mine. Auntie Brenna got all teary eyed when she met Maycen for the first time. So proud to see her Lil bro a daddy. Jared and Maycen got to spend some quality pool time and I got a little suntime in... finally!!!
Mother of a mother's Day! Well I was hoping that my 1st Mom's day would be memorable, it was but not quite the way I had imagined. There was a lot of activities planned for today and I was a bit stressed from the get go. I thought I had been fairly organized I sent out the directions for the church and the restaurant ahead of time hoping people would print off the info and have it with them but things don't always go as smoothly as you plan. First, I will tell you about Maycen's Baptism. We had this great dress for Maycen that has been in our family thanks to Mimi, Maycen's Great Grandma. She did wonderful during the service and although I was nervous she would be fussy the only mess up was that she spit up when we were up on the alter a lil bit and of course the only cloth I had was the head cloth the pastor gave us to dry off her head from the holy water...oops.
Unfortunately we had brunch reservations across town and the church service ended up being later than we had planned so we were really rushing to get there, we had a bizillion people trying to take photos of us after the ceremony so we are all looking in opposite directions. Then we had to try to caravan all 5 of our cars across Tucson to the restaurant and no one had directions with them. Then we got there and they did not hold our table so we had to wait for another large party to leave. When we sat down the service was not so hot and all the napkins were wet from coming right out of the washer. At least the company was good, for the most part.
After we returned from Brunch I just wanted to get out to the Pool and relax since I hadn't really had any suntime, here it was after 3pm again and we were just getting outside. It was nice though we just floated around and chatted poolside with Jared, Auntie Brenna and the Ferbeyre's. It was a much needed reboost as I was about to embark on the great travel adventure again flying with all my stuff and with Baby again. The worst part about airline travel and having children is going through security. At least people took pity on me and helped me out the one security guy said, "now if that was a man doing that he would be in tears." I wanted to tell him that was me on the flight here:)
Loving family time! So between fights with my sister (removed that part from blog, but still waiting on an apology in 2013) on Mom's day putting my Mom in tears and my Step dad's constant making fun of Maycen's name saying we should name our next kids Ambercrombie and Fitch, I think I bit off more than I could handle. For what was supposed to be a nice visit with my husband and baptising our Daughter with our friends. I hate to be a negative Nelly but really it's been a rough Month this May and daycare is a whole other blog. Jared and I will now be celebrating our Wedding Anniversary on August 27Th, we will still go out for Cinco De Mayo but all gift giving between us for our anniversary will be in August now. Don't get me wrong I love that our family was able to join us and support us, we are very lucky and that our family is so thoughtful and supportive, we had 22 Hallmark cards given to us this week for Bday, Anniversay and Mom's day and Jared even remembered Nurse's week... poor guy. But, it gets to be a little much with so much going on I really didn't get to enjoy much of this week at all. There is always next year.
So onto The daycare blog... I am getting caught up just taking a little time!
So the Mayham begins....
this past week I went with Maycen down to Arizona to spend two weeks with Jared. It was a bit overwhelming with all the traveling alone, celebrations and family. There really was very little downtime. We had illusions that we would be hiking in Sedona or checking out something cool in Phoenix while visiting my sister. However, when I got there I realized that I had forgotten my Breast pump charger and my cell charger. So Friday I sat at my sisters house by myself with her dogs. I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to spend the day with my niece since I so rarely get one on one time with her. Kimmy kept Xochitl in Daycare on Friday, so kind of a slap in the face, its not like I am a pediatric nurse or anything, So there went my plans of doing a nice surprise for her on mothers day. So Maycen and I just hung out at the house with her crazy dogs with no AC or cell phone . On Friday night Jared drove up to spend the weekend with us. We headed straight to radio shack to get a charger and well long story short the breastpump was fried. We would have taken it to BBRus if we had only had realized there was one there but hind site is always 20/20. So we spent the next few days trying to figure out the breastpump deal and $300 later we ended up buying a new one online and waited for it to be shipped to us. In the meantime, Maycen was now attached to me...literally, and it felt a bit like her first days home exclusively feeding her vs pumping and being on the go. Jared bought me a hand pump but it didn't work very well and with my Carpel tunnel wrist issues it was actually pretty painful after a few minutes.
We went to dinner with Kimmy and X to Salty Senoritas which was interesting because it was a fun bar area, we just felt a bit weird having an infant at the bar, breastfeeding where people were doing shots and dancing to the band but it was nice to get out and see a new place.
My Birthday
Sunday Kimmy took us to this small park, it was kinda in a shady neighborhood but she wanted to take X on the kiddy rides and we watched a local dance recital that was in celebration of Cinco de Mayo. Jared and I headed out for our 2 hour car ride from there to check into our Apt in Tuscon. There was tons of Traffic from an accident so we got off to avoid the accident and we stopped at BBRUS again to return one of the breastpumps we had purchased. We decided to have lunch and hoped the traffic would clear so Jared went to make a U-turn and well we got into an accident. So we actually got in a accident trying to avoid an accident on my Birthday no less. Thank goodness we were all ok, it could have been a lot worse since it was a Big SUV coming right at Me and Maycen. Nothing like having your life flash before your eyes on your birthday. 9 lives...
OK the good part, the next few days we got to hang out with old friends of ours from Hawaii, Jessica and Jessey and their kids Tyler and Alexis. We switched off watching each others kiddos so Jared and I could go out for our Anniversary on Cinco De Mayo and so they could have a date night as well. During the day I was hoping to lay by the pool but the time flew by with having Maycen feeding so frequently and trying to run errand for getting ready for all the family and mom's day and anniversary gifts, I also was trying to apply for a recent job that had posted. The funny quote I got this week as poor Maycen got dragged all around Tucson with me was...."your groceries are crying." Poor kiddo was buried beneath all my grocery items and was mad and hungry. On Wednesday I was on the phone for about three hours trying to hold a daycare slot that was open to me this week. They were refusing to hold it because I was not present to pay for the hold and I had to have my shot records on hand it was such a fiasco. I have been on the waiting list since I was pregnant last June.
Thursday Jessica treated me to the desert Museum which was pretty cool, it was fun to hang out with her and the kiddos and just catch up, it had been way too long. My parents flew into Phoenix on Thurday and stayed with Kimmy and Xochilt. They were all supposed to drive down on Friday to spend the weekend with us but Kimmy decided to change the plans because she had other things going on.
Friday morning I was given a really nice massage/Spa Package for Mother's day by Jared. It was just what I needed for this hectic week. Since our family couldn't make it on Friday Jared and I went out to eat with Jessey and Jessica with all the kids. Maycen basically did her newly learned bloody murder scream the whole time. I guess I got too cocky because I thought I had her figured out and was just about to dig into my dinner and she started up and never stopped till we got in the car.
On Saturday my parents drove down with Kim and X. They didn't arrive until 3pm. I spent Saturday morning wrapping Mom's day gifts and fixing food for the BBQ between feed and entertaining Maycen. Jared went to golf with his Dad and Jessey. The BBQ was fun it was nice to have Jared's Family there and mine. Auntie Brenna got all teary eyed when she met Maycen for the first time. So proud to see her Lil bro a daddy. Jared and Maycen got to spend some quality pool time and I got a little suntime in... finally!!!
Mother of a mother's Day! Well I was hoping that my 1st Mom's day would be memorable, it was but not quite the way I had imagined. There was a lot of activities planned for today and I was a bit stressed from the get go. I thought I had been fairly organized I sent out the directions for the church and the restaurant ahead of time hoping people would print off the info and have it with them but things don't always go as smoothly as you plan. First, I will tell you about Maycen's Baptism. We had this great dress for Maycen that has been in our family thanks to Mimi, Maycen's Great Grandma. She did wonderful during the service and although I was nervous she would be fussy the only mess up was that she spit up when we were up on the alter a lil bit and of course the only cloth I had was the head cloth the pastor gave us to dry off her head from the holy water...oops.
Unfortunately we had brunch reservations across town and the church service ended up being later than we had planned so we were really rushing to get there, we had a bizillion people trying to take photos of us after the ceremony so we are all looking in opposite directions. Then we had to try to caravan all 5 of our cars across Tucson to the restaurant and no one had directions with them. Then we got there and they did not hold our table so we had to wait for another large party to leave. When we sat down the service was not so hot and all the napkins were wet from coming right out of the washer. At least the company was good, for the most part.
After we returned from Brunch I just wanted to get out to the Pool and relax since I hadn't really had any suntime, here it was after 3pm again and we were just getting outside. It was nice though we just floated around and chatted poolside with Jared, Auntie Brenna and the Ferbeyre's. It was a much needed reboost as I was about to embark on the great travel adventure again flying with all my stuff and with Baby again. The worst part about airline travel and having children is going through security. At least people took pity on me and helped me out the one security guy said, "now if that was a man doing that he would be in tears." I wanted to tell him that was me on the flight here:)
Loving family time! So between fights with my sister (removed that part from blog, but still waiting on an apology in 2013) on Mom's day putting my Mom in tears and my Step dad's constant making fun of Maycen's name saying we should name our next kids Ambercrombie and Fitch, I think I bit off more than I could handle. For what was supposed to be a nice visit with my husband and baptising our Daughter with our friends. I hate to be a negative Nelly but really it's been a rough Month this May and daycare is a whole other blog. Jared and I will now be celebrating our Wedding Anniversary on August 27Th, we will still go out for Cinco De Mayo but all gift giving between us for our anniversary will be in August now. Don't get me wrong I love that our family was able to join us and support us, we are very lucky and that our family is so thoughtful and supportive, we had 22 Hallmark cards given to us this week for Bday, Anniversay and Mom's day and Jared even remembered Nurse's week... poor guy. But, it gets to be a little much with so much going on I really didn't get to enjoy much of this week at all. There is always next year.
So onto The daycare blog... I am getting caught up just taking a little time!
wow sister! Thats a whirlwind of a trip! Sounds like you handled it way better than I would have! Hell hath no fury, like an angry Momma with a little baby! :) And i applaud you for being honest and not fussin' up your blog. I think you will appreciate that in the future! I hope everything works out with the daycare situation!
ReplyDelete-Amanda