Friday, July 31, 2009

16 weeks





Just a Quick update, I had my 16 week appt. Nothing new to share, My wait time for my appt took twice as long as the appointment time. Finally got to hear the heartbeat with an official doppler, instead of the home version I had and the foot Doppler at work. The heartbeat was 141 to 146. So it is about the same as it has been. That was about the most medical thing I did today in my appointment.

This week in Washington has been record breaking weather up to 103 or so in some places, My car read 107 and my house was 99 inside, no fun. To make it more enjoyable for us pregnant ladies the power went out from all the people that had 10 fans and portable AC units going in my neighborhood. The things that Army wives have to endure while their husbands are away... I tell you there needs to be a book on this stuff. It's not that other woman don't have to do this or that single mom's don't have their own share of stories but when you plan on having a partnership and the partner is gone for things that you plan on counting on your spouse to do it really gets to be a bummer.

I went to put our unborn baby on the Army Childcare wait list. I though what a great way to escape the heat in my house and outside. I will just go sit and register in their air conditioned office. Well, to my disappointment I was number 17 in line, they were on number 3 or 4 and there was no AC in this room filled with hot bodies and screaming kids. What a bummer. I sat there and melted into the chair debating on coming back a different day. The temp in the office said 103. I am so glad I had my Little Abanico fan from Spain with me. What a pain in the butt, And we will probably move before our name actually comes up on the wait list.

Jared bought this generator a few years back when the power went out on us a few times one rainy winter. But he deployed and has never had to use it. I think this is my third time hauling the thing out and it never fails that there is some major mishap. So I got it out the other day right when the power went out because I had just been to Costco and Safeway, There was no way I was letting my half defrosted groceries spoil. So this thing weighs a ton and is in our Garage on a shelf. I have never been able to pull the pull cord hard enough to get it started. I have the same problem with the mower we have and the weed whacker. Jared thinks that this is my excuse on purpose so I can't do the yard work but really I have tried when I am in shape and fit so being pregnant I knew I had no luck. So I got my neighbor over to start it. After assembling a bunch of cords I was able to jiggy rig the 2 fridges, the fans and a table light and my portable DVD player. I got the huge gas tank out of Jared's truck, hanging off the ladder to get it out of his truck, It was a good 30- 40 pounds or so, Either way it was way to heavy to be pulling out while hanging on a ladder... pregnant! Hello, where are my bon bons that I am supposed to have fed to me. So I sat in my steaming house and felt pretty proud of myself for getting it all organized about 2 hours later. I asked Jared, who is gone for the month is in a hotel with AC; how convenient... to leave when it is the hottest month around here! Anyway I asked him how long he thought the generator would last and he thought about 3 hours. The Power was "supposed" to come back at midnight. Well it was past midnight and I heard the generator start to sputter and hurried to get more gas in it, Well I poured gasoline all over the place. The garage was pitch back except for my flashlight that I had angled at the nozzle and mosquitoes that seemed to love pregnant blood were feasting on me. I finally got some more gas in it but the generator had long since died. I made three really hard attempts at pulling the starter cord and the third one I had the worst cramp along my torso I just figured this is not worth it. It was too late to get a neighbor to do it and there was no one one the street. Covered in sweat and bug bites I put myself in the cold shower to cool off, literally and emotionally and I prayed for power, and a breeze. Neither of these things came in a timely manner. The power came back on the next day at Noon not 12am. My groceries were still cool and besides not getting any sleep and being bitten in my stale warm house it was over with. Thank goodness. I spent the entire next day in the sound Soaking up the sun while standing in really cold water! I almost was excited to go back to work in the AC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers