Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer in Washington

 Jared is done having kids, that being said I hope I don't read this in a few years and say opps:) But we started our summer off with a big sale getting ride of all of Maycen's Baby and toddler stuff and clothes as well as Brody's stuff up to 9 months.  I had a hard time letting go and continued to pull favorites aside for friends and for keepsake.  However I have the keepsakes that my mom kept and although they are sweet I honestly never dressed Maycen in them.  Now they had very different birth months for size so It wouldn't have worked out anyway.  I kept my baby clothes along with some favorites I have of the kids things, and just incase I need to have some hand me downs on hand;)
 
There is just something special about summer that captures the idea of childhood!


Girls with sunlight in their long hair
 
 
 Homemade popsickles and gardens for growing amazing things!   
 This is Maycen's Bean she planted from daycare it almost took over our corn and garden!
 
 
                                                          Boat rides with Dad!

One of the coolest things about living in Washington is that we can go crabbing!  We spent all weekend home and crabbing was open so we went.  This time zero luck!  We caught a bunch of females and 2 starfish.  We did a fun little activity where we sent off a message in a bottle with a poem about our family and a story that Maycen told and I wrote down about what she wanted to tell the rescuers, Like in the book, "Penny and The Rescuers."

  It was found by a kayaker and the wife wrote us back, I will have to remember this tradition for the future it was really fun!

My favorite spot overlooking the sound at sunset, just a few minutes from our house and all the stress of the day seems to disappear! 
 I find it is harder and harder to blog and keep track of all the changes with the kids, it is almost easier to just post pictures and hope to sort it out later.  Maycen is really into princesses still.  She has little shoes that reminded me of when I was little and my dad bought me some so I could be taller to ride the rides at valleyfair.  She loves to WWF wrestle her brother.  Someday soon he is going to be stronger than her and she best watch out!


Brody's Personality is so fun loving!  He really is so sweet!  But he has endless ear infections, which don't seem to bother him much but we are now being referred to ENT in October for likely placement of Ear tubes.  He passed his hearing screen but there were a few misses, so hard to tell with a one year old.  He says Mama, Dadda, tried to say Doggie and signs and says all done, signs please, and milk. Although he is only one, I want to make sure he isn't missing the enunciation of the sounds. Some of the sounds for words just sound off to me.
 
 
Multi-tasking already... remote in one hand and mop in the other!  Just preparing him early for his future wife:)
 
 
Since Jared says we are done I am cherishing these days, although there are challenges, I often think about how fast the time has gone with Maycen she is not longer a little body that feels like an extension of my own.  She speaks her mind so strongly now there is no more oh she just a baby and doesn't get it.  She is very aware of everything and how to work both her dad and I.  In fact just today as we drove by the mail place on post, we haven't been there in almost a year.  She remembered that the lady gave her a sucker there!  Gosh if a year ago she remembers that I best be sure of all the other things she is keeping track of in that mind of hers.  I can't remember anything like that, gosh I feel old! 
 



 




 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers