First it was all the animals and the noises they make, then all of her colors she new, the songs she sings identifying the shapes and then today it was the counting. We have been doing the Advent Calendar with chocolate, one of Maycen's favorite words now at dinnertime. We have been reading lots of counting books and each day we count the days we have opened before we eat another piece of chocolate. We count the steps of the stairs, the cheerios on her plate and today I got out the advent calendar and she counted in groups of 3 or 4 all the way to ten! I was so impressed and proud!
I know most parents do this and think this of their children especially their first but I was impressed she's not even two and she seems to have a good grasp, she even can identify the number when asked which one is 3, maybe all that fish oil paid off after all.
Ok well she is quick to learn on that end with numbers, colors, and shapes we've spent a lot of time reading books. But she is having issues in other areas and one is following direction she is testing out the terrible two stage already...so lucky are we that she is advanced in this area too:) We get a lot of NO's and timeouts are starting to add up and seem to have little meaning or impact in fact sometimes I think she enjoys them. I try not to be too serious she is only almost 2 but sometimes it is so frustrating and others I break down and laugh because her behavior is so bizarre. It is like seeing a 15 year old's attitude in a 2 year old's body. Besides sometimes I wonder, I don't remember being two, is really any of this discipline doing anything but stressing me out anyway!
We are also kinda working on potty training, I have learned that Maycen is a I will do it when I want on my own time kinda gal...unless of course there is an incentive. Dinner has always been this way, she loves her milk and juice and will drink it all and but if you take it away and tell her to eat some dinner then she can have her cup she does great, usually no matter what is on her plate.


No comments:
Post a Comment