Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! 2011





Jared and I had to use up our Time share that we had expiring as we had a unused week and we were able to trade it last minute for a trip to Mnt Bachlor Oregon to Snowboard.  It worked out great because they have a full service daycare at the Ski lodge and Maycen got to hang out with some new friends while Jared and I got to be kids again and have a playday ourselves!
 Here is Maycen showing off her new high 5 and low 5 skills as well as some new teeth finally pushing through!
This is in Bend, Oregon it is so pretty there and in February this week although not much snow for skiing the weather was about 45-60 degrees this week.



 The Timeshare Eagle Crest was on the Descutes River and we hiked to see the Dam nearby
                Here is day two skiing I actually was just taking some photos with my camera.

Before I forget some other fun skills that Maycen has picked up...She feeds herself with a Spoon and fork, almost to the point of being so determined she won't eat unless you let her do it...Ms. Independent!  She is a bit more finicky about foods she will eat, foods like cheese that she couldn't miss out on are now on the I will throw a tantrum if given this, list.  13 months going on 2 years, I guess. She can finally help put her toys away. She can get all the donuts on the rainbow cone, replace the balls for her popcorn ball toy, throw the ball, steer her baby stroller and today I even saw her mimicking me cleaning the floor with a paper towel...Maid in training...yipee!  She still loves her bath time but because of the big bathtub she enjoyed in our timeshare and I helped her to float and slide down the back rest she now wants to do this in our tub and will even throw herselff back and often goes under.  She is a little dare devil and scaring me half to death already!  I was a lifeguard children peering at you from under the water is not a good thing! Oh yes and now she will raise her finger and shake her head no, when she hears us say it or is near something she knows she should not touch like the dog bowl. It is really pretty cute and funny!  That is all that is new with us these days!  Our get away was a nice reminder of what life is like without dog hair, laundry, cleaning floors and bathroom remodels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers