Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week 24

I had my 24 week appointment and Ultrasound this past week and everything looked really good. Her Echo of her heart showed everything as it should be and she is now about 1 pound 9oz. "The Bump" email I get weekly says that she is growing branches off her lungs and her skin is thickening so it is not so translucent and her eyes are forming, so I guess I should eat my carrots this week too! We were relieved to know everything looked reassuring again.

I am so lucky to have such nice friends here in Washington and afar. Above is a picture of a cake that my friend Kimberly made for my shower. It was amazing and I still have not cut into the top, I am debating how sanitary it is to keep it and put it in the baby room with little fondant babies :) I spose I don't want ants crawling on my little one but it is so adorable it is hard to imagine eating it and then having nothing to show for her hard work! Katie's husband is going to a class for 4 months so she wanted to host a shower for me even though it was a little early in my pregnancy. It was so nice and after having so many good friends move away I truly felt honored that so many people were able to take part. It really meant a lot to both Jared and I.

The only glitch we have this week is Jared's job is a position that requires renewing at the fiscal year( Oct 1st). I found out at my 24 week appointment, which I could have waiting till my 28 week appt to schedule and not have known any of this...but our Military Tricare coverage ends at the end of this month. Yep, September 30th unless we get the new orders processed, which we better there will be a gap in service. So I am freaking a bit, I am sure it will all work out fine but had I not made this appointment at 24 weeks, It would be too late and I would not have known the importance of these orders. This is one thing I hate about the Military...where was our end of coverage notice. Why did no one even tell us that this would need to be renewed so at least we would have been expecting the news. Oh my, I was not happy...I am not giving birth at home or planned parenthood for that matter! What's Next! Here is our little one posing for us this time it is her profile upright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers