Jared and I are so excited to finally share the news with everyone. I found out on Mother's day that I was pregnant and we have been waiting to share the news till everyone in our family was aware of the news. Thanks to one of our wonder doctors where I work I was able to see the heartbeat before my first appointment. It is kind of strange to think that something so small only 2cm at the time can cause so much havoc on your body. Actually I can't complain because other than some indigestion, tiredness and natural but painful chest enhancements I really have not had too much trouble. So Jared and I are just feeling blessed because we were starting to wonder if this was ever going to happen for us, since we are on the later end of 9 or 10 pregnancies that have occured since the guys have come back from Iraq and at work.
On a lighter note Mother's day was a wonderful day to discover the news but it didn't go without some typical Becky mishap that can only happen to someone like myself. I always wondered about those people that can't read pregancy tests correctly. Was it that they were just so emotional they couldn't think straight or just not smart enough to read the directions. Well I have to admit I found myself in this same predicament.
The story went like this...

I had had some spotting during the week that I was supposed to get my Period and so I kinda thought I might be pregnant but wasn't 100% sure so I took at test on Our anniversary....it was negative kind of a big bummer. So Went out and celebrated Cinco De Mayo in style. Still spotting waited till the end of the week when I was off the night shift as maybe that was just messing up my cycle. I had two tests left one from the dollar store that came with my OPK (ovulation predictor kit) tests and one that was also Free in a regular expensive OPK package. So on Mothers day when I took the test I no longer had the directions for the expensive one. After doing the test the line was in both places but then I took the dollar store one and it was very faint on the second line...oh no I couldn't remember was the expensive one supposed to have a line or a plus sign...are you kidding me am I really that person that can't read this stupid thing....where are the directions....hmm nope don't have those. So at 6am on Sunday morning I took myself to Walmart to get the pregnant/not pregant test and Vola! It said Pregnant. Also followed the next day by a blood test that also confirmed it, so I was relieved:)
Our tenative Due date is January 9th, 2010... We are happy for a Boy or a Girl but Becky thinks 85% that we are having a boy....what do you think?
On a lighter note Mother's day was a wonderful day to discover the news but it didn't go without some typical Becky mishap that can only happen to someone like myself. I always wondered about those people that can't read pregancy tests correctly. Was it that they were just so emotional they couldn't think straight or just not smart enough to read the directions. Well I have to admit I found myself in this same predicament.
The story went like this...
I had had some spotting during the week that I was supposed to get my Period and so I kinda thought I might be pregnant but wasn't 100% sure so I took at test on Our anniversary....it was negative kind of a big bummer. So Went out and celebrated Cinco De Mayo in style. Still spotting waited till the end of the week when I was off the night shift as maybe that was just messing up my cycle. I had two tests left one from the dollar store that came with my OPK (ovulation predictor kit) tests and one that was also Free in a regular expensive OPK package. So on Mothers day when I took the test I no longer had the directions for the expensive one. After doing the test the line was in both places but then I took the dollar store one and it was very faint on the second line...oh no I couldn't remember was the expensive one supposed to have a line or a plus sign...are you kidding me am I really that person that can't read this stupid thing....where are the directions....hmm nope don't have those. So at 6am on Sunday morning I took myself to Walmart to get the pregnant/not pregant test and Vola! It said Pregnant. Also followed the next day by a blood test that also confirmed it, so I was relieved:)
Our tenative Due date is January 9th, 2010... We are happy for a Boy or a Girl but Becky thinks 85% that we are having a boy....what do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment